The idea of a graduate chapter came from Ms. Sheila Kyles, past International Undergraduate Member-At-Large, who recognized the need to service the southwest community of Dallas. Ms. Kyles, with the assistance of Ms. Adrienne Thomas, gathered with eighteen other excited members and was encouraged to organize a new chapter that would expand the presence and services of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. within the DFW Metroplex.
The mission of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® Upsilon Lambda Omega Chapter is to provide effective community assistance to the cities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, Lancaster, Glenn Heights, Midlothian, Oak Leaf, Ovilla, Red Oak, Waxahachie, Texas, and all mankind by implementing 21st-century innovations and embracing our international program targets and chapter traditions. In doing so, we will strengthen the bonds of sisterhood by uplifting our members, build leaders equipped to effectuate change, and leave a legacy of dedicated sisterhood and first-class service.
Upsilon Lambda Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® is the home of the Northeast Texas Cluster Coordinator, former International Committee member, Regional Officers, and Regional Committee Members.
Current Regional Appointments
- Northeast Texas Cluster Coordinator – Veronica Forney Williams
- COVID19/Health Committee – Dr. Ramonda Widemon Busby
- Human Resources – Yasmin Barnes Jones
- Programs – Angela Jacobs-Butler
- Protocol – Sonja Howard-Smith
- Technology – Tonisha Nelson
- Pearl/Golden/Silver- Saundra Burleson
Former International Positions
- South Central Representative to the International Nominating Committee- Nicole Robinson
- South Central EAF Coordinator – Alisa Allen
Former Regional Appointments
- Regional Secretary – Alisa Allen
- Regional Newsletter Editor & Chief – Jenine McClaney
- Investigations & Evaluation – Jenine McClaney
- Regional Secretary – Yasmin Barnes Jones
- Sisterly Relations – Alisa Allen